To tyro: Roman joiners - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-05-16 11:59

Hello Bev,

Three delightful photographs, two of this rather splendid "new build" Roman villa and one of part of an original Roman wall of a bathhouse. And an interesting note too - I think I remember seeing at least one episode of that series of programmes with Tony Robinson.

I was interested to read Rob's critique in that he was unaware of any type of half timbered construction being produced by the Romans. That may well be true in Rome but if you decide to build a house in Britain, you would tend to use British journeymen - and you know better than most people just what British joiners are like. In fact, that could possibly be one wandering aimlessly about outside the portico - probably looking for that chisel he's mislaid somewhere. :o)

Three brilliant photos and a fine note.

Brilliant!

You take care and stay safe.

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:57 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Roman joiners

😁 Thanks for the fun critique, John.
It cheered me up!
I suppose, the builders used the materials available in the area and this example followed a design from a Roman text.

As for the Roman joiner, seen in the photograph, he has been busy honing his skills by repairing the floor of the garage, before his chariot fell through and lost its wheels!

Keep safe in these worrying times, Bev 😊