Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
TE Expert

Default In India....

There is no dearth of amazing places. Amongst the ones I have been privileged to visit I liked

Ladakh (Jammu & Kashmir), Spiti Valley, Kinnaur (Himachal Pradesh), Orchha (Madhya Pradesh), Uttaranchal state, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bundi, Gagron, Bhainsrorgarh (Rajasthan), Varanasi, Agra (Uttar Pradesh), Kutch area (Gujarat), Places in Karnataka, Delhi,....

What I wish to see - North Eastern states!

Last edited by Angshu; 12-30-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
TE Newbie

Default Switzerland is my favourite country!

Definitely has to be Switzerland. The country is made of beautifully designed buildings and amazing architecture. The lush green countrysides and friendly people make it even more attractive to me. My favourite city has to be Lucerne. If anyone has every been there they will also know how beautiful this city is. I especially love the chapel bridge, such a stunning piece of architecture. I would recommend visiting Lucerne if you get the chance, I never want to leave!

Last edited by Porteplume; 04-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default Jammu kashmir in India

Jammu kashmir is a place in india which i like most,It is most beautiful place and have panoramic natural scenery. mountains always covered with the ice and fog . there are the mesmerizing lakes and unique fun of boat riding and delicious cuisines of Hotels. and there is several places for the tourist. most of the tourist spend the holidays.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 PM
TE Newbie

Ashbourne, Derbyshire, UK - we are gateway to the Peak District and a small market town, each year we have a street game which is unique to the town, called Shrovetide, if you google it, you'll see - it's a big rugby match in the town streets and it's amazing to watch! Ashbourne is particularly nice around Christmas and in summer has a lot of tourists, partly due to the glorious countryside surrounding it and partly because it's such a lovely little town, with nearly as many pubs as people.. in winter it's lovely as we often get a lot of snow..

I moved away to South Wales but Derbyshire and in particular Ashbourne and it's surrounding villages will always be my home
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 AM
TE Newbie

Cebu, Philippines
nice people and culture.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
TE Newbie

My favorite place in my country is Sydney. This place is one the very beautiful and attractive place for the visitors. I really love to visit in this place again and again.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:08 PM
TE Newbie

Funny you should mention Niki de Saint Phalle, we have a huge exhibit of her work here in Atlanta at the Botanical Garden...it's quite fantastic!

We'll be in Italy in two weeks, Venice July 5-7, Lake Como area July 7-9, the Cinque Terre July 9-11. Are you in any of those areas?

Alli
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 AM
TE Newbie

I live in India and my favourite place is Mahabaleshwar. It is famous for hill station for its Venna Lake, Wilson Point and Mahabaleshwar sightseeing spots.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Default favorite place in country

Hello, I would say that my favorite place within my country is The Sierra Nevada mountain range in my home state of California. There is so much there to explore.
Have a great day,
Karen
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 AM
TE Newbie

India. I love my country. I love the diversity of India. I can't explain the beauty of India in words. Just say INCREDIBLE INDIA.
Closed Thread