Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great s_lush 2011-02-13 2:52

Hello Marie Louise,
Such a green and sunny place where such beautiful creatures, as this lizard, live should be known for everybody. For this I would like to point its decimal GPS coordinates: 10.29908 Lat, -85.84211 Long, 8 m Alt.
In the English Wikipedia the latitude (10 17′ 53″ N) is mistakingly written as 11 17.908' N, but it should be 10 17.908' N. Please, correct this point in Wikipedia, if you make sure that this is true.
Thanks for the excellent photo and note, as well as for the reminding about tomorrow's holiday!
Best regards,
Sergiy

Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 PM
TE Expert

Default To s_lush: Geographical coordinates.

Hi Sergiy,
Thank you very much for the information. The map works. You can see clearly the mouth of Tamarindo river just north of the town.
I have corrected the English encyclopedia, as you advised me to. But I am sorry to pester you with my questions again; Did you do the calculatuions yourself in order to get the decimal coordinates ?
Kind regards.
Marie-Louise.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default No, I did not

There are converters of GPS formats, but I have never used them. In this case I used the information from the German Wikipedia about Tomarindo. There are coordinates of the place in several formats there.
Best regards,
Sergiy
Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 PM
TE Expert

Thanks a lot Sergiy!
I never thought of going to look on sites of unknown languages to me. I'll think about it next time . No need to understand the language, only the figures.
Have a good evening.
Marie-Louise.