Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ACL1978 2014-06-30 8:39

Hi Way - Ethiopia is a dream trip of mine, and this is just another reason why. Your shot here is exceptional; you've brought out the colors perfectly with incredible contrast to the dim late (or early?) light. The textures as well are stunning. Scary story regarding the attack, however - hopefully you stayed safe.

Thanks!
Andrew

Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To ACL1978: Dream Destination?

Andrew,

It had been a destination I wished to go for awhile and I planned it a few years back and the kidnapping of tourists in 2010 forced me to postpone until this year. It was an experience of a life time, worth it for me, but it is not an walk in the park to get here. There are many obstacles and efforts. Many of us on the tour discuss our frustrations at different part of the country. Anyway. I'm glad I did it, not sure I would do it again. Beside things are changing fast and this volcano is very active, and it may erupt anytime. This lava lake may not be visible or cover up. If you check on line, some photo show just a hole with some glowing lava on the bottom. When I was here it was near the top of the crater as you can see here.

Thanks.