Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2016-02-20 6:57

Hello Gladys,

Oh, yes, I couldn't agree with you more - the trouble is that I suppose these young people take their youth, their suppleness and their lack of care and worries for granted - as I suppose we also did when we were this age too. But then, in those days old age was something so far away - and we thought that anyone more than thirty was a very old man or woman!

Not only have you captured this lovely sunset very well but you have also caught these youngsters perfectly too and have managed to capture them in such a way as to have them perfectly placed in the frame and also active and not just standing. And, strangely enough, I can't see a mobile 'phone either!

The light and colours are beautiful, your exposure perfect and the details and clarity superb.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I hope I'm not being nosey, but I couldn't help reading your reply to Stephen's critique. I really do hope that Les is making progress in hospital and will be back home with you very soon.

Take Care and Kindest Regards,

John.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:58 AM
TE Junior Member

Smile To tyro: Teenagers at Sunset.

Hi John

Thankyou for comments on my picture. Not sure it`s worthy but it has kept me sane looking at old pics this last month or so.
No ! you are certainly not being nosey. Les is still very ill but we are now more positive that it will turn out to be Lupus and can be controlled.Will tell him your best wishes if he can stay awake and take it in.

Very warm regards and thankyou for your concern.
Gladys.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Les....

Hi Gladys,

Sorry, Gladys, but I've only just now found your reply to my critique!

As you may know, I was a surgeon until such time as I retired five years ago and while I am aware of lupus, it was not something with which I dealt in my work - lupus was in the realm of the physicians. Certainly I did have a few patients who suffered from this condition (we always referred them to our physician colleagues for their expert advice and treatment) and I am aware that the management of such patients has come on in leaps and bounds since I last studied the condition as a medical student over 40 years ago.

So I really do hope that Les continues to make progress and that you will soon have him back home with you. But please remember, as I always used to tell my patients' close relatives, make sure that you also do take good care of yourself in these troubled times - that's very important.

Kindest Regards,

John.