Learning about the world through advertisement

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Is it just me, or is this an advertisement site now?? Even a slow and buggy one...
    I thought this was a photography site, but I might be entirely wrong.

What are your thoughts?!
  • Re: Learning about the world through advertisement
    I also see the advertising everywhere. I am hoping the lack of speed is a function of it being new. So far I do not find it an improvement of anything.

Greg
    Yes, you got it right... Learning about the world through advertisement is what it is!
    Photography? We'll have to start looking for another site, I'm afraid. SIMPLY DISGRACEFUL!
    I agree with you.
    From Now I want 5$ for each uploaded Image,5 extra dollars for each green star
    20 cent for each written critique and 10 cent for each recieved one
    Sorry of course i mean EURO!!!!
    I want to take part in your comercial buisiness.
    Leo
    Yes, this is quite terrible... No other words for it. What a waste!
    from your lips to Admin's ears...
    I get it now ! It's all about finding the 'Inner Photographer'..., just found this written on the front page, bottom...
    I am also thoroughly disappointed. And that's an understatemen of politeness.
    I cannot post a new picture, but that's really a mitzvah for you all.

I would rather pay a member fee to use the site. That would cut down on the ads, and the thousands of users who don't use the site, yet waste bandwidth by having profiles.

Farah
    Hi Dennis,
    it is not "just you", it is me, too... and looks like many other TE members, as well!
    Besides, it is very slow. I can get rid of all kinds of advertisements so I don't see any of them now (thanks to my router and Ad Block and other built-in features in the browser which remove ads). But....
    The main question is: what is this site about, now?.. Quite a mess, imho.
    I wonder if, after joining TE exactly 1 year ago, I will have to quit it, if I can't bring myself to adjust to the new design.
    So far I can not see any alternative photo-website which would offer the same features (and especially such interaction among its members), but... well.. words fail me.
    I saw the new design at the very beginning as it was a Beta site. There were many suggestions, but looks like some of them (most useful) were not "heard".
    This new design is very...I don't know, cold? It doesn't feel intimate. Other than some problems for a time with the old site, I was quite happy with it. Oh well now I know I can go on a horse trek in Mongolia, but I dislike horses.

Maybe someone else who doesn't like it who has experience in web design will create their own site.

Farah