Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2010-08-22 4:51

Hi Shelly.
You disappeared for quite a while. Now, looking through your last half dozen shots, I can see you've made a slow, spasmodic comeback in the last few months. Good to see you around again!
I do like the somewhat melancholy feeling evoked by this shot. The grey-day effect, the sky seemingly full of rain, the beautiful composition of the tree and the house, the slight curve and angle of the horizon, it's all beautiful. You must have worried over the sky, but there's enough detail and variation in there, and it's sufficiently broken up by the tree, to really 'make' this photo. I find that PP worries are often induced by the screen I'm working on; they're all different, and what looks fine on one turns out to be too light or dark on another. Oh, it's just endless, worrying about the PP. I've sometimes done four or five, and then come back to the first after all that.
Anyway, you captured a great summer's grey day here.
Regards,
Andrew

Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To macondo: Thanks, Andrew

I really love that shot and greatly appreciate your in-depth analysis of it. All summer I have been working with my laptop and I think it sucks. The slightest tilt and it changes the whole thing and I have no idea what I have. It's nice to be back on TE, though I am a bit rusty with writing critiques. And am so waaaay behind. There are so many new names and it's a bit daunting, but at least all my photos don't seem to suck now. lol Thanks again and I'll be seeing you around on here.
S.