Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Rinie_Hoff 2004-08-02 17:20

This is funny, Curtis, not only that I like this shot very much, but Last saturday I have been taking a lot of pictures of people with a cell phone on their ear, I wanted to fill a frame with about 8 shots, instead of making a theme. We had the summer carnaval in Roptterdam, and a lot of people wereon the streets.
This is a nice one, like lIne says paparazzi-like, she's really withdrawn within her own space, with her legs drawn up. I like the diagonal that she forms in the frame. Sepia suits her, and you apparently.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:24 AM
TE Expert

Default To Rinie_Hoff: I hope you'll post yours...

with the many comments I received it seems this theme strikes a chord with folks. I was driving around a bit today and noticing all the folks in their cars and on the street with a cell phone pressed to their ears. Although I don't imagine I'll have one of my own any time soon, they are clearly here to stay, for better or worse.

Glad to hear you're out enjoying your camera. I certainly thought of you this afternoon when visiting my friend's home while she was babysitting a two month old girl whose mother once cleaned house for my friend. I brought my camera, of course, and I'm afraid my plans to begin showing images of West Marin again, will of necessity have to be delayed for a day as I post an image of this little beauty. After doing the workshop on your photo of daughter and father, I found myself focusing on the baby's fingers resting on my friend's hand as she gave Mira her bottle. You'll see it tomorrow morning when you wake up.

PS - With your words of caution about the 28-200 lens I ordered with my camera leading me to do a bit more research, I decided to go a different direction. I arranged with the retailer today to return the 28-200 in exchange for Canon's EF 28-135 with Image Stabilization, which is supposed to be a fine lens producing sharp images. I have the Canon EF 100-300 on extended loan from a friend, so I'll have plenty of coverage for just about anything I want to do. (I even have offer of a Tamron 28-200 on loan, so I can explore the usefulness of that range as well, without having to spend money to do so.)

I appreciate you speaking up like that.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:56 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Rinie_Hoff: I hope you'll post yours...

Wrong answer, Curtis. Of course I know you would repeat yourself, but what I'd hoped for was: 'Great minds think alike!' So, now that I know where I stand, I can go on again ;-)
Well, I told you that I was a bit worried that I went over the top with this e-mail to you, of course you make your own choice, but I would have blamed myself for not mailing you, if it turned out that you did'nt like the lens.
Good luck with your DR, Curtis, I'll be there to watch those pictures coming out! And you got great friends who lend you lenses on an extended loan.
Rinie