Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2007-09-05 9:10

Hi Jose,
I'm somewhat surprised by the little changes at Boca Chica during Dean's passing by. I saw Emile's shot earlier and was wondering what your posts from this beach would look like. It seems that the coral reefs are quite tight not allowing the unfolded fury pass. Quite interesting element to have the blurred bird flying through the sun shade.
Regards, Peter

Old 09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer: Dean

Hi,

I'm somewhat surprised by the little changes at Boca Chica during Dean's passing by.

The worst didn't come yet, but it wasn't that scary. Actually, it was quite a disappointment to my son, who was very excited about seeing a hurricane. Maybe I am exaggerating, but I felt some anxiety with what could happen in some of the locals - far from panic, but a certain unease that they tried to hide. I also sensed that in Emile's talks, but I interpreted that as a worry for the eventuality of the adverse effects of the storm on our holidays. He is such a nice person!...

I didn't "appreciate properly" my shots, but I have the feeling that I could have done much better. Being always with the family didn't help and on this trip I didn't feel much inspired. I have no explanation for that, as I think that the country has much to offer Photo wise.

The inclusion of the bird wasn't completely intentional. I was shooting the series with the idea that maybe it would give a nice panorama (although I was too lazy to go get the tripod) and the bird appeared. Actually that resulted that the last shot, on the right, didn't get much suitable to stitch. I only noticed that when the other 4 shots were stitched, so I hadn't the courage to give up.

I posted it mainly because I felt like posting something from DR and I haven't yet anything else properly PP'ed, so I decided to see what the TE friends had to say about it. It's again one of those cases of a post that I don't value that much, but I am curious about the reactions of people to it. Actually I am surprised with the positive (or should I say just neutral?) feedbacks.

Um abrao, Jos