Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2013-10-04 2:25

Hello Ann,

Now this is what boyhood should be all about!

You have caught this moment wonderfully well, the boy standing out beautifully against a nicely out of focus background which has no distracting features whatsoever. And, of course, the bright colours of his shirt also help to "lift" him away from the background.

Your composition is pleasing and also obeys the "rules" very well with a strong connection between the boy's gaze and the captured crabs in his net as well as the physical line between his right hand and the net. And, very cleverly, you have included his simple fishing reel at bottom right and that, together with the boy's gaze and his net, helps make a fine triangle whose lower side is accentuated by the lines of the slats of the jetty on which he is standing.

Lovely light and colours, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. To reiterate my feelings about the excellent composition in this picture, I am reminded of the excellent workshops which one of my favourites here, Peter (graffer), used to perform on other people's photographs. Unfortunately Peter has not been very active on TE for some time but if you have time I think you would really enjoy having a dekko at his "Composition Analysis Workshop Theme". If I were cleverer with image editing, I'd love to "have a go" at that with this picture. In fact, if I have a spare moment, I might just try later on!

P.P.S. And what makes this picture even more appealing to me is the fact that just two weeks ago we were blessed with a second grandson! :o)

Old 10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: boys

Hi Grandad!
Well done on the second one. Our second granddaughter is due 2 days after Christmas.
Thanks for your kind remarks on this picture. I saw the potential of this little scene so asked his mother, who was sitting beside him, if I could take photos - she was more than happy. I snapped quite a few.
See you soon.
Kind Regards, Ann
p.s. we will be seeing Richard next Friday as he will using the flat for the weekend because he is attending 'Wild Photos' in London.