Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2021-01-13 3:57

Hello Gert,

I know how hard it is to make good scans of slides and though I was interested in the details on this scene, I found it a little morose. For that reason I did a little workshop, which I hope you will like.

It is amazing that such buildings were created so long ago and are still used regularly.
The details of the rain are clear to see and add atmosphere to the temple setting. You were very fortunate in more ways than one: first to have reduced the cost of the donation by 98% and secondly to have so many figures wearing red, in the temple.

The w/s was also an interesting capture. It's ironic that the people come to cleanse themselves in water that is highly polluted.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 01-13-2021, 12:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: ws

Thank you Bev for your comments and for taking your time to make a WS. I am certainly not offended, in fact I had made a very similar version but decided to discard it because it didn't seem to fit my memories, however vague, of the dark sky and bad light soon after the latest heavy shower. This was fairly close to my hotel, and I went straight here after the rain had stopped. The weather was rather 'morose', thus also the photo. But I think there are also often differences between different monitors. Certain photos tend to look darker here and brighter there.
Kind regards,
Gert