Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2021-10-06 0:55

Hi Marius
I have a very similar photo, taken in early September. But I really loved this place in winter, after heavy snowfall combined with frost!
Well done on managing to almost hide the wire, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it in your note. :-)
Thanks for sharing a pic from your amazing country, I've traveled there so many times (70s, 80s, and then with my own camera in the present millennium).
Best wishes
Kasia

Old 10-06-2021, 09:13 AM
TE Newbie

Talking To kasianowak: Once upon a time

Hello Kasia!
I have seen and admired your photo..as I said in the comments to it- it might be the last one time the castle looked somewhat majestic. Today I find it in a sorry state- you can see the statue detail posted here in my gallery.. it was beautiful once that is true.Hence the title.. Yes the snow and winter light make it look even more interesting. The viewpoint is similar -if not the very same- and I got bad news.. now you have a wire running across what would have been the best framing ever. And this viewpoint is me standing tiptoe on a rock across the fence...trying hard to approximate what I would have liked to see. Not a fan of Photosh*p and/or extensive edits to photos- I often find myself skipping many shots that would mean a lot of editing later.Not lazy, I promise, but got recently riled up by an older friend of mine who was quite a photographer back in the film days - he told me that although he had one of the best dark rooms around he tried to stay out of it as much as possible and make the magic happen in-camera. I said yes but it's so much more convenient today- and he replied yes let's see if you can make do without any editing for a few months.. Challenge accepted!
Old 10-06-2021, 07:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Photoshop

I'm the same - often give up if taking a photo would mean lots of time in front of the computer. I spent to much time looking at the monitor as it is!
Hope you persist with the challenge! :-)
Have a nice evening.
Kasia