相片集

Photographer's Note

ITALIA - SARDEGNA - CAGLIARI - Calamosca

La Torre di Calamosca un edificio storico di Cagliari, situato sul colle Sant'Elia, in zona San Bartolomeo.
La mole della Torre, con l'adiacente faro, domina la spiaggetta di Calamosca, da cui prende il nome. Attualmente il complesso di propriet della Marina militare.
L'impianto originario della torre, di forma cilindrica, risale al 1638, come riportato nella lapide murata all'esterno e recante lo stemma del re di Spagna. La sua costruzione rientrava nel progetto difensivo degli spagnoli in Sardegna, in seguito al quale si ebbe nell'Isola la costruzione di diverse torri costiere.
La torre di Calamosca era detta "torre de armas", per i potenti cannoni che ospitava, o anche "torre dei segnali", per via delle segnalazioni che da essa si inviavano allo scopo di comunicare al Castello di Cagliari eventuali passaggi di navi.
Ebbe un ruolo rilevante nel respingere l'attacco della flotta francese nel 1793. Alla met del XIX secolo la torre originaria venne innalzata con l'aggiunta del corpo cilindrico superiore e venne eretto il vicino faro.

ITALY - SARDINIA - CAGLIARI - Calamosca

The Tower of Calamosca is a historic building of Cagliari, located on the hill Sant'Elia area in San Bartolomeo.
The bulk of the tower with the adjacent lighthouse, overlooking the beach of Calamosca, which takes its name. Currently the complex is owned by the Navy.
The original tower, cylindrical in shape, dates back to 1638, as reported in the outside wall plaque bearing the emblem of the King of Spain. Its construction was part of the defensive plan of the Spaniards in Sardinia, after which there was the construction of the island several coastal towers.
The tower was Calamosca called "torre de armas", for the powerful cannons that housed, or "tower of signals", because of reports that it is sent in order to communicate to the Castello di Cagliari any passages of ships.
He had an important role in rejecting the attack of the French fleet in 1793. In the middle of the nineteenth century the tower was originally built by the addition of a cylindrical upper body and was erected near the lighthouse.

niels-cl, gracious, paololg, fabio_ts, bobocortis, s_lush, ellelloo has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 3765
Points: 30
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Daniele Cortis (pixelhunter) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 232 W: 0 N: 396] (1922)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH