相片集

Photographer's Note

The Collegiate Church of Santa Mar韆 del Campo receives this name because its original construction was outside the city walls, although it is currently located in the so-called old town of La Coru馻.

The building that we can see today is possibly from the end of the 13th century or the beginning of the 14th century and was, at the time, the second most important parish in the city. As usual in temples with such a long existence, it has undergone modifications over time, which makes it difficult to know how it was originally. From its beginnings it was the church of the guilds of the sea and of commerce. In 1441 the Archbishop of Santiago erected it as a collegiate church and in 1491 Rome granted it the title of Abbey. Throughout the 18th century there were several attempts to rebuild the church, although all failed. In the 19th century, expansion works were carried out, bringing forward the cover.

Formerly the church was surrounded by a cemetery of which there are still remains in the semi-detached tombs that today face the street.

The temple is of late Romanesque origin, with a basilica plan with three naves without a transept and a semicircular apse at the head. It also has some later gothic influences. The main portal and its tympanum are of great importance. Built in the 12th century.

The temple has three covers:
The west one, relocated, has an Epiphany as its theme.
The one located on the south side of the temple in whose tympanum, there is a scene with characters that are difficult to interpret.
The one located on the north side of the building presents a scene that may correspond to the martyrdom of Santa Catalina.

It has a bell tower with a 15th-century capital and an ogival rose window on the front wall. Inside is the Museum of Sacred Art.

-----------------------------------------------------

La Colegiata de Santa Mar韆 del Campo recibe este nombre porque su construcci髇 original se hallaba fuera de las murallas de la ciudad aunque en la actualidad est ubicada en el denominado casco antiguo de La Coru馻.

El edificio que podemos observar en la actualidad posiblemente sea de finales del siglo XIII o principios del XIV y fue, en su momento, la segunda parroquia en importancia de la ciudad. Como es habitual en templos con tan dilatada existencia ha sufrido modificaciones a lo largo del tiempo, que dificultan saber c髆o era originalmente. Desde sus comienzos fue la iglesia de los gremios de la mar y del comercio. En el a駉 1441 el Arzobispo de Santiago erigi como colegiata y en el 1491 Roma le concede el titulo de Abad韆. A lo largo del siglo XVIII fueron varios los intentos de reedificar la iglesia, aunque todos fracasaron. En el siglo XIX se llevaron obras de ampliaci髇, adelant醤dose la portada.

Antiguamente rodeaba a la iglesia un cementerio del que a鷑 quedan restos en los sepulcros adosados que hoy dan a la calle.

El templo es de origen rom醤ico tard韔, con planta basilical de tres naves sin crucero y un 醔side semicircular en la cabecera. Tambi閚 tiene algunas influencias g髏icas posteriores. Es de gran importancia la portada principal y su t韒pano. Construido en el siglo XII.

El templo cuenta con tres portadas:
La de poniente, reubicada, tiene por tema una Epifan韆.
La ubicada en el lado sur del templo en cuyo t韒pano, hay una escena con personajes de dif韈il interpretaci髇.
La situada en el lado norte del edificio, presenta una escena que puede corresponder al martirio de Santa Catalina.

Posee una torre de campanas con capitel del siglo XV y roset髇 ojival en el testero. En su interior se encuentra el Museo de Arte Sacro.

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9260 W: 5 N: 16597] (73910)
  • Genre: 风景
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2021-06-30
  • Photo Version: Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2022-08-08 11:28
Viewed: 0
Points: 38
Discussions
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9260 W: 5 N: 16597] (73910)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH