相片集

Photographer's Note

See another photo of the castle in the WS.
-----------------------------------------

Vimianzo Castle was built between the end of the 12th century and the beginning of the 13th by the Mari駉 de Lobeira family. Of the original fortress, only the remains of what could have been a homage tower remain, in the current parade ground. At the beginning of the 15th century it passed into the hands of the Moscoso family, and since then it has been the object of fierce disputes between the Archbishop of Santiago and the Moscoso family, two of the most important powers in Medieval Galicia. The Moscosos would obtain the title of Counts of Altamira and became one of the noble families with the most influence in the Peninsula.

In 1467 the Irmandi馻s Wars took place in which the people, tired of the economic oppressions of the feudal lords, took this fortress, although the rebellion did not last long. The Archbishop of Santiago Alonso II de Fonseca seized the castle in 1472, for its reconstruction after the popular revolts. But a few years later Lope S醤chez de Moscoso, who proclaimed himself the first Count of Altamira, would return to Galicia to recover his property, so it would belong to this family until the 19th century.

In 1870 the castle was acquired by Ram髇 Martelo Nez, president of the Provincial Council of A Coru馻, and his son, the poet Evaristo Martelo, restored it to turn it into his summer residence. In 1965 the building suffered a devastating fire, and later Dolores Martelo de la Maza bequeathed this property to the Archbishopric of Santiago, which in 1973 sold it to the Provincial Council of A Coru馻.
The Diputaci髇 rehabilitated the castle to dedicate it to public use, and it is currently managed by the Concello de Vimianzo.

The fortress of medieval origin is in a very good state of conservation and has been converted into a living craft museum where you can see palilleiras, flax, basket, silver and glass craftswomen, Bu駉 pottery, leather and ship models, with permanent exhibitions of these crafts.

The fortress has walls and a moat, over which an elevated bridge is built. The building is built on a polygonal plan and has four towers and a parade ground, with strong walls almost two meters thick. It is located at the entrance of the town next to the regional road 552. Its strategic location seems to be the cause of the continuous struggles in the past between the Compostelan miter and the Moscoso, since its proximity to the coast allowed to control the commercial routes of the North Sea, the sardine and salt businesses, and the succulent spoils of the ships that were shipwrecked on the coast.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ver otra foto del castillo en el WS.
-----------------------------------

El castillo de Vimianzo fue construido entre finales del siglo XII y principios del XIII por los Mari駉 de Lobeira. De la primitiva fortaleza s髄o quedan los restos de lo que pudo ser una torre del homenaje, en el actual patio de armas. A comienzos del siglo XV pasa a manos de la familia Moscoso, y desde entonces fue objeto de encarnizadas disputas por parte del Arzobispo de Santiago y los Moscoso, dos de los poderes m醩 importantes de la Galicia Medieval. Los Moscoso conseguir韆n el t韙ulo de Condes de Altamira y llegaron a convertirse en unha de las familias nobiliarias con m醩 influencia de la Pen韓sula.

En 1467 se producen las Guerras Irmandi馻s en las que el pueblo, cansado de las opresiones econ髆icas de los se駉res feudales, toma esta forteleza, aunque la rebeli髇 no dur mucho tiempo. El Arzobispo de Santiago Alonso II de Fonseca se apodera del castillo en el a駉 1472, para su reconstrucci髇 despu閟 de las revueltas populares. Pero unos a駉s m醩 tarde Lope S醤chez de Moscoso, que se autoproclam el primer Conde de Altamira, volver a Galicia para recuperar su propiedad, por lo que pertenecer a esta familia hasta el siglo XIX.

En el a駉 1870 el castillo es adquirido por Ram髇 Martelo Nez, presidente de la Diputaci髇 de A Coru馻, y su hijo, el poeta Evaristo Martelo, lo restaura para convertirlo en su residencia de verano. En 1965 el edificio sufre un devastador incendio, y, posteriormente Dolores Martelo de la Maza lega esta propiedad al Arzobispado de Santiago, que en 1973 la vender a la Diputaci髇 de A Coru馻.
La Diputaci髇 rehabilit el castillo para dedicarlo a uso p鷅lico, y actualmente est gestionado por el Concello de Vimianzo.

La fortaleza de origen medieval se encuentra en muy buen estado de conservaci髇 y est convertida en un museo de artesan韆 vivo en el que durante todo el a駉 se pueden contemplar palilleiras, artesanas del lino, cester韆, plata y vidrio, oler韆 de Bu駉, cuero y maquetas de barcos, con exposiciones permanentes de estos trabajos artesanales.

La fortaleza cuenta con murallas y foso, sobre el que se tiende un puente elevado. El edificio est construido en planta poligonal y tiene cuatro torres y un patio de armas, con unos fuertes muros de casi dos metros de grosor. Est situado en la entrada del pueblo al lado de la carretera comarcal 552. Su estrat間ica situaci髇 parece ser la causa de las cont韓uas luchas en el pasado entre la mitra compostelana y los Moscoso, ya que su proximidad a la costa permit韆 controlar las rutas comerciales del mar del norte, los negocios de la sardina y de la sal, y los suculentos botines de los barcos que naufragaban en la costa.

ikeharel, pajaran, Fis2, mcmtanyel, COSTANTINO, ChrisJ has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9184 W: 5 N: 16496] (73442)
  • Genre: 风景
  • Medium: 彩色
  • Date Taken: 2021-06-29
  • Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
  • Date Submitted: 2022-06-08 9:42
Viewed: 0
Points: 32
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9184 W: 5 N: 16496] (73442)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH